Wednesday 21 January 2009

momentous day

From my sweltering bed in Bangkok I watch events half a world away in frosty Washington, and marvel. I shed a tear or two, and hope for better things.

You, Erin and Sam, are probably recovering from another celebratory Embassy bash. I wish you and your country well.

Thanks Erin for your concern about my defunct camera. I'll try and get it fixed when I'm home, which isn't too long now. In the meantime I"m enjoying my possibly fake Leica\Lumix - I've been seduced by its zoom.

Off at 6am tomorrow to our island.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Momentous indeed, we were watching it streaming on our little screen hunkered in a 60s-era Chinese kitchen, our couchsurfing hosts wondering what we were on about (their interest in politics had apparently been stifled) - and keep watching as every day goes by to cheer on one Bush reversal after another, and wait with bated breath to see how this world will fare this year. How lovely you had some time to commune with the writers' spirits in your hotel this last couple days. We wish you a happy journey home, what a journey it's been, and will be watching to see what comes next!